Auto, health, life, long term, and supplemental insurance policies – now you’re telling me I need home owner insurance, too?
Well, yes, we are. Purchasing a home owner insurance policy is an important and responsible move. A Nevada home owner insurance policy will protect your home and its contents, as well as provide liability coverage in the event someone becomes injured on your property.
Plus, if you have, or are considering, purchasing a new Nevada home with the financial help of a lender, your lender will undoubtedly require you to purchase a home owner insurance policy until you’ve paid off your lender loan.
The first step to getting an insurance policy is shopping around for a Nevada home owner insurance quote – but what can you expect when it comes to your policy quote?
• The construction of your home. Brick homes are usually cheaper to cover with home owner insurance.
• The age of your home. It is more difficult for you to insure a very old home than it is for you to insure a relatively new home. Sometimes home owner insurance companies will offer limited insurance coverage to old homes. This is an incentive for you to update important elements of your home. Forget the new carpet – concentrate on your plumbing, electrical, windows, roof, and safety devices.
• Your home’s location in relation to fire departments and police departments.
• The amount of coverage you want, and the amount of the deductible you’re willing to pay. The higher your deductible, the lower your premiums may be.
• Any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-line policy discounts and discounts for improving the safety of your home.
Be prepared to address these factors when you set out for your Nevada home owner insurance quote. Each one may make you or break you as far as the price of your home owner insurance policy is concerned.